Interdisciplinary Teaching on Climate & Sustainability is a guide for teachers in all subjects and at all grade levels. It includes the following sections:
- Global Warming, Greenhouse Gases, and Climate Change
- The Greenhouse Effect and sources of GHG emissions
- Earth’s Carbon Cycle
- Carbon-Climate Connections
- The Energy – Climate Connection
- International Efforts on Climate – IPCC, UNFCCC, & COP
- Impacts Are No Longer Theoretical—They Are Happening Now
- Climate Justice — and Injustice
- Measuring and Accounting for Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Institutional Inventory v. Individual ‘Footprint’
- Getting Started
- Emission Sources for Most Schools
- Analysis, Reporting, and Action (Using your School GHG Inventory to make a difference)
- Spread the Word
- What Can You Do To Reduce Emissions?
- Take Action!
Ideas for Teachers
- Ideas for Elementary School Teachers
- Ideas for Teachers – Individual Subjects
- Teacher-Recommended Readings for Students
- Resources That Apply in Many Subject Areas
- Metric System (System Internationale)
Download Interdisciplinary Teaching on Climate & Sustainability [PDF, 1.5MB].
If you plan to use any of this material, please subscribe to this site so we can let you know about updates.